In our second week into the book of 1 John we are taking another look at LOVE.
Whether it is in our home, workplace, school, Church, or wherever we spend our time, we’ll come across people who ‘rub us the wrong way’ or do the wrong thing by us. It’s always here we have a choice as to how we will respond. Jesus said to ‘turn the other cheek’ (Matthew 5:38-40) and to ‘love our enemies’ (Matthew 5:43-48). To love someone difficult always takes faith. Our natural inclination is to seek justice and, at times, retribution.
We always have a choice:
- Do we harden our hearts toward the other person?
- Do we simply ignore them?
- Do we hope they will ‘go away’?
- Do we merely ‘tolerate’ them?
- Or do we live by a higher standard … and love?